Friday, December 4, 2009

December 3, 2009

Hi again everyone!!!!!

Today was a fun day at the CAP center, as I had a cyber camp for the kids. I think it is really important to have some place for the kids to come after school. I always try and teach them something on the computer and then also do a fun craft. Today we wrote letters to Santa Clause and they also played on the web site www.northpole.com. It's a great site you should check it out!!!! Then we also made snowflakes out of glue and sparkles, and they did some decorations that we can put on the Christmas Tree outside that the birds can eat!!. The kids have a blast when they come down and so do I. I spent the day getting ready for the camp.
Christmas is only 22 days away!!!! I love this time of year and I love to spread holiday Cheer...
I also had a lady bring her ESL (english second language) students down and work on the kids computer. We have some awesome programming on there that gets them saying words. One little girl is very shy and doesn't interact well with people. Yet when she was playing on this game, her little face came to life and she answered questions and explained what was happening to me and her teacher. It was pretty awesome to see.
Thanks again Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment